United Telephone Building: Goodland, KS
This building was constructed in 1931 for the United Telephone Company. Southwestern Bell purchased United Telephone in 1937, taking over the elaborate Art Deco building in downtown Goodland. The building continued to serve the telephone utility until 1991 when a new building was constructed to house updated digital equipment.
Architects for the building were Charles W. Shaver of Salina, along with Joe Murray and Frank Cayton, architects for United Telephone Company. The United Telephone Building was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 2017.